Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why GreenChristian.org?

GREEN CHRISTIAN.ORG
Connecting Environmentally Conscious Christians With Green, Faith-based Projects

Issue:
God calls us to be good stewards of the land and animals he's given to us. For many Christians, that gives us the desire to have a positive impact on the environment, but not in a hippie, tree-hugging, worshipping mother-earth, sort of a way.

General Concept:
To provide options where Christians can donate time and money to positively affect the environment with projects that also align themselves with their faith goals of serving those in need.

Story:
I consider myself a 'green' Christian, in that I want to be a good steward of what God's given me, but I want to find places where I could put my resources with ministries I could believe in. After a considerable amount of searching, I finally found a couple options, buried on a site. I found that many individuals, Christians, and churches honestly desire to give money and resources to 'green' projects, but that the Christian non-profit community is sorely lacking in providing options for them to do so.

Tools:
Non-profit focused- Make non-profits aware that Christians do want to donate to projects that fight deforestation, support positive land-use, make their homes and churches carbon-neutral, provide clean burning stoves, and other 'green' options.

Individual and church focused- help individuals and churches find projects where they can put their prayer, time, and money that will have a positive affect on the environment and those in need.

What do you think of this idea? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment